Monday, February 07, 2005

Kerry Say Wha?!

I don't remember how, but I recently stumbled upon a Conservative Web Log and came across an interesting quote from Senator John Kerry. Here it is:

"We use that word 'terrorist' to marginalize and demonize people whose way of expressing ideas is culturally different from ours," said Mr. Kerry. "But when a man takes up the scimitar to behead an innocent civilian, or straps on the exploding vest for a walk through the marketplace, he's just passionately stating his philosophy. Who are we to judge his methods?"

I was shocked and confused. I thought to myself, how can a Senator of the United States and a veteran of the Vietnam war say something like that? I thought to myself, maybe the way liberals and Democrats manage to find questionable quotes about Bush and the like, that Conservatives perhaps can manage to find just as equally questionable quotes by Democrats and liberals. Maybe I'll be more enlightened to such things if I read their blogs more. I actually found myself agreeing with Conservatives (a very scary thought). I obviously didn't agree with everything they said, but I found it a lot harder to defend my viewpoint in light of these new revelations about the sentiments of my former candidate. They said things like:

"Liberal Democrats equal Intellectual Morons. That says it all." - Con #2


"As much of an a**hat as he is, I can't believe kerry said that.

I read yesterday that he hoped the media doesn't "hype" the election; make more of it than it 'really' is. What a buzzkill that man is; the antithesis of joy... and more - a man who commiserates with terrorists." - Con #3


"Well said, Pam."
- (Owner of that blog)

To stay honest to the truth I had to express my sentiment about Kerry's statement.


"What the?????! My views I guess if one wanted to simplify things and force someone into a category are as "liberal" as they come, but I really can't for the life of me understand what Senator Kerry was thinking - and I begrudge agreeing with you on this, but to put it simply 'that ain't right'. At least I can take solace in the irony of [Con #2's]'s comment."
- Garden Stater

There's just one minor itsy bitsy teeny little problem. Senator John Kerry never made the statement.

If you haven't yet registered with the Washington Post (or don't wanna), Read the article for yourself here, in Adobe format titled:

"Kerry Praises Campaign, Plans to Build on Effort"

2 Comments:

At April 18, 2005 at 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say something about how conservatives just love to make shit up to attack liberals with, but since Dixie says nobody comments on your blog, I guess I'm not allowed. ;)

- Prodigal

 
At April 18, 2005 at 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a clear pattern of conservatives making up lies about liberals. Even the much-vaunted “I voted for it before I voted against it,” was a mischaracterization. Kerry was making a joke on the fact that there were two versions of the bill. He voted for the one that was funded, and against the one that was not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home